Electricity is a necessity for everyday life. It powers everything in the home or office and nowadays even cars. Every room in the house should have a power point that is close to the most used appliances. Even if the room is not being lived in, power sockets are necessary in case power is needed there.
At Daylight Electricians, we understand the importance of having access to quick power point / power socket installation whenever you need that will make your living and work space more comfortable and convenient for you.
Dealing with faulty power points at home
Having faulty power sockets is annoying and it happens to everyone. Sometimes power plugs just stop working and you’re left scratching your head what happened. It is important to be aware that this is usually an indication of electrical wiring issues. Just replacing the power point may not solve the problem and you may need to have complete rewiring of your electrical switch done before it becomes a shock or fire hazard.
Can you fix power point problems by yourself?
There are some common problems with your power points that you can troubleshoot yourself. Remember that you MUST turn off all power to your circuit first;
- Circuit breaker: Try turning the breaker off and then on after a while. If you are not sure which circuit breaker is fault, turn them all off and one to see which one is bad
- Ground fault: This is commonly caused by water damage and most times, clears after it dries completely. If more than one power point has an issue or the problems persist after a week, call an electrician to help you with it
- Worn and broken power points: We see this often when replacing power points or installing new power points in old home. Every use weakens a power point gradually and they would need to be replaced after a while
- Loose or broken wires: If a power point is not properly installed, it will begin to shake and eventually get disconnected. If the wires of the power point are loose, it may cause poor contact which would lead to overheating and possibly a fire hazard.
Better Be Safe Than Sorry
If you have faulty power points, some that feel too hot or spark when you insert a power plug need to be replaced. If you have trouble locating power points, then speak to us today to help you install new power points along your walls.
Daylight Electrician is your one-stop shop for all your power point installation needs. We also help you with installing new power points and repairing or rewiring existing power points.
- Install new power socket for your convenience
- Repair and rewire existing power sockets
- Upgrade old single power sockets to double power sockets
- Power point inspection and maintenance
We will help you pick the right style of power points and provide you with an EMA-certified electrician within short notice to help you install it efficiently and courteously.
Daylight Electricians also offer 24/7 Emergency Service in all of Singapore so for fast response, call us today on +65 6653 6261 or email email@example.com for a no-obligation consultation today.
About Daylight Electrician Singapore
Daylight Electrician Singapore provides complete electrical services including 24 hour electrician services. Our EMA Licensed electrician and electrical workers are EMA/BCA/IDA certifiied and specially trained to execute all kinds of electrical repairs and works including electrical installation such as light installation, ceiling fan installation, power failure recovery as well as electrical wiring and rewiring. We have over 10 years of electrician experience and have done thousands of electrical works for both residential (Landed, condo and HDB electrician) and commercial electrician. We are the highly recommended electrician in Singapore with many happy customers and reviews. Call us for guaranteed transparent and honest pricing for all your electrical needs at +65 6653 6261