Not all electrical problems at your home or business need the service of an electrician. Even when there is a problem, it is always good to have a good idea what you are dealing with so that you are equipped to respond appropriately to the situation. Some electrical issues are caused by human error and can be avoided and corrected quickly by following general electrical safety tips and taking note of some factors before carrying out electrical works.
On the other hand, power trips or power failures happen where there is a faulty or wrong electrical wiring installation that has been compromised over time or by changes in environmental factors like moisture. Whenever there is a power trip in an apartment or office, it could be as a result of a faulty electrical panel or distribution board. Hence, the first place to check is the consumer unit or electric distribution panel that contains a double pole miniature circuit breakers and terminals.
Table of Contents
- Common Household Electrical Problems
- How To Troubleshoot Power Failure and Electrical Wiring Problems
- Case Study
- Choose Daylight Electrician Singapore
Common Household Electrical Problems
Before you carry out any troubleshooting on your own, it is important that you can identify common household electrical problems such as the following:
- Overloading – This occurs when a certain appliance is plugged into an electrical outlet that has a lower wattage. Always ensure that light bulbs or any other fittings are within the wattage of your power socket.
- Electrical Surges – There are several reasons why an electrical surge might occur. It ranges from faulty appliances, badly installed electrical wiring, or even when a lightning strikes.
- Electrical Shocks – Electrical shocks usually happen when you turn a device on or off. While the root cause might be either from the appliance or the wiring, it is important to immediately contact an electrical wiring contractor in Singapore.
- High Electricity Bill – Notice a sudden increase in your electricity bill? It might be because of damaged wiring or circuits.
- Flickering Light – This common household problem often occurs when there is loose electrical wiring.
- Circuit Breaker Tripping Constantly – Appliances with high wattage usually cause circuit breakers to trip and often leads to power failures. While it is a common occurrence, be sure to call a certified electrician from an electrical maintenance company in Singapore to attend to the problem.
- Light Bulbs Burning Out – Have you ever experienced buying a new light bulb only for it to burn out a few minutes after you plug it in? There are several reasons behind this problem. The light bulb might have a high wattage, there might be poor wiring on the circuit and mains, or insulation is located near the light.
Experiencing more than one of the electrical problems above? Read through these important electrical maintenance tips in order to avoid such issues in the future.
How To Troubleshoot Power Failure and Electrical Wiring Problems
Here are quick checks to carry out when you are troubleshooting your electrical wiring;
- Check if the power switch is “On”
- Check if the light bulb is burnt out
- Look through the circuit breaker if it is tripped or a fuse is blown
This process is simple but it lets you be sure that you are not just panicking for nothing. If you’ve checked those above and the issue persists, you can then go through the following tips to help you identify what the problem might be if the power trip happened when using something that draws a lot of electricity like a hairdryer.
- First, try to identify which cable provides power to the outlet or fixture.
- Try to identify where each cable goes and see if the appliances are working.
- You can try to reduce the load of appliances to resolve most power tripping issues.
- If power trips again after resetting the electrical circuit breaker, you should consider calling in an electrician to do a more thorough check.
- Ceiling Fluorescent Light Troubleshooting Replace Ballast Starter Electrician Singapore Condo – Phoenix Garden Bukit Panjang
- Solve Water Heater Power Fault Troubleshoot Rewire Proper Cable Connection Electrician Singapore Landed – Loyang
Choose Daylight Electrician Singapore
Our EMA licensed electricians are immediately available to respond to your calls and be at your home or business to help you get to the root of your electrical problems.
Constant power tripping and power failures are an indication of issues with your electrical distribution panel. The electrical panel is very important to homes and offices, so you need to have it installed correctly to avoid electrical wiring issues that might lead to power failures. Our seasoned electricians will work to ensure that the correct ratings are used for your electrical distribution panel to prevent frequent power trips or burnt fuses on your circuit breaker.
At Daylight Electrician Singapore, we offer you the best quality electrical distribution board installation and more.
- Protection against electrical shocks and electrical fires
- Protection from excess voltage or power surge
- Electrical maintenance and refitting of electrical wiring
Electrical safety is important and knowing that you do not have issues with your electrical works and wirings is critical to your peace of mind. Once you realise that something is not working as it should and none of the DIY tips seems to be effective, contact our friendly customer service staff to book an electrical troubleshooting service.
Call us today at +65 6653 6261 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to solve your electrical problems with the help of experienced and EMA licensed electricians. Daylight Electrician Singapore is your electrical service provider of choice for your electrical distribution board installation and troubleshooting needs.
Daylight Electrician Singapore - #1 trusted Electrician in Singapore
Daylight Electrician Singapore provides complete electrical services including our emergency electrician services. Our EMA Licensed electrician and electrical workers are EMA/BCA/IDA certifiied and specially trained to execute all kinds of electrical repairs and works including electrical installation such as light installation, ceiling fan installation, power failure recovery as well as electrical wiring and rewiring. We have over 10 years of electrician experience and have done thousands of electrical works for both residential (Landed, condo and HDB electrician) and commercial electrician. We are the highly recommended electrician in Singapore with many happy customers and reviews. Call us for guaranteed transparent and honest pricing for all your electrical needs at +65 6653 6261
About Daylight Electrician Singapore
Daylight Electrician Singapore provides complete electrical services including emergency electrician services. Our EMA Licensed electrician and electrical workers are EMA/BCA/IDA certifiied and specially trained to execute all kinds of electrical repairs and works including electrical installation such as light installation, ceiling fan installation, power failure recovery as well as electrical wiring and rewiring. We have over 10 years of electrician experience and have done thousands of electrical works for both residential (Landed, condo and HDB electrician) and commercial electrician. We are the highly recommended electrician in Singapore with many happy customers and reviews. Call us for guaranteed transparent and honest pricing for all your electrical needs at +65 6653 6261